Are educational approaches and philosophy beneficial for me?
Let's face it, being human can be difficult at times. Seeking support is an individual and savvy choice. There are many reasons why people want to improve their lived experiences. Sometimes it is to deal with long-standing challenges, or healthy coping deficiencies or chronic stress and uncertainty. Other times it is in response to unexpected changes in one's life such as burnout, a divorce or work transition or a desire to improve one's lived experiences. Many seek consultation as they pursue their own personal exploration, healing, and growth. Working with a specialized professional offers objective and non-judgemental support and pathways towards expanded insight and new skills and strategies for all types of life challenges. Life's journey has many chapters, trials and tribulations including adjustment to how quickly life can change, anxiety, conflict, grief, stress management or mismanagement, body/self-image, and general life or relational topics. Personal empowerment and emotional intelligence are valuable for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by creating greater knowledge and self-awareness, taking ownership and responsibility, and working towards beneficial insight and evolution consistent with well being and volition in their lives.
Do I really need educational support? I can usually handle my life.
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties you've faced, it can still be beneficial to seek out extra support and consultations. In fact, people who have enough self-awareness realize they are the benefactors from an educated and supportive ally. Seeking support is one way to activate courage and determination and is something to be admired as well as acknowledged as an embodiment of intelligence. You are taking responsibility for your personal empowerment by accepting where you're at in life and making a commitment to be willing to put in the effort to change the situation or how you respond and experience yourself and/or your lived experiences. Personal growth and responsibility is an investment in YOU, offering long-lasting benefits empowering you with the tools needed to maintain healthy boundaries, avoid triggers, increase mindfulness, re-direct damaging or ineffective patterns while affirming that you CAN navigate whatever challenges life presents. Thus, creating space and possibility towards expansive and resilient well being and greater life satisfaction in a fulfilling and authentic life.
How can Dr. McQueen's approach benefit me?
A number of benefits are available from participating in your personal growth and empowerment. Consultative sessions can yield insight and resources, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping, communication, and healing strategies for issues such as overwhelm, anxiety, relationship mishaps, long-standing unresolved matters, distress and loss, stress management or mismanagement, aging concerns, poor self-esteem and/or confidence instability. Many people also find that consultative and educational sessions can be a tremendous asset to unlock creative blocks, thus, catapulting personal growth, interpersonal relationships, and living in a more joyful or graceful way even while navigating the frustrations of daily life. Sessions can provide a fresh perspective on a complex or long-standing difficulty. Dr. McQueen collaborates with you and is respectful of your dignity and humanity vs. pathologizing the human experience. This strength-based and positive approach lends to your personal insight in the direction of relief or towards a solution. The lasting benefits you obtain depend upon how well you implement the skills and processes and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available include:
- Attaining a superior understanding of yourself, your goals, and your values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships (to self, others, and the world)
- Finding resolution to the topics or concerns that led you to reach out for support
- Learning new and/or improved ways to cope with stress, anxiety, uncertainty, fear, and doubt
- Managing stress, sadness, irritability, grief, life transitions or change and other life pressures
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Transmuting old or outdated reactive ways vs. responsive approaches and/or belief patterns to cultivate new ones that better serve you
- Discovering new and/or more effective pathways to problem-solve and/or guide your life, relationships or your work
- Enhancing your sense of self, self-esteem, and boosting self-confidence and personal volition
What are consultation sessions like with Dr. McQueen?
Every appointment is unique and caters to each individual and their specific goals and priorities. It is typical to clarify the primary goals and concerns in your life during sessions. It is common to schedule a series of weekly sessions, where each lasts around sixty or ninety minutes. The cadence may be short-term, focusing on a specific priority, or longer-term, addressing more complex or ongoing personal growth and evolution. There may be times when you are asked to take certain actions into your daily or weekly life practice, such as reading a relevant book or keeping records to track certain experiences, etc... It is valuable to engage the process in what has been discussed and integrate it into your life between sessions. For long-lasting transformation to be optimal YOU must be an active participant, both during and in-between sessions. People seeking to collaborate with Dr. McQueen are generally more willing to take ownership for their lived experiences as well as responsibility for their thoughts, emotions, and actions. They put in effort to make themselves available/willing to work towards self-evolution and up-regulation, and to create greater awareness in their lives including the dimensions of their strengths, achievements, and success. Here are some things you can expect from Dr. McQueen:
- Compassion, respect, and understanding
- Perspectives to illuminate individual operating systems and deepen self-rapport as well as befriending oneself
- Practical skills and strategies for enacting positive and/or beneficial change and self-efficacy
- Effective techniques based in research and/or long-standing well being philosophy along with practical guidance and/or professional insight
- Support and unconditional positive regard as you navigate the human condition and it's challenges, particularly during these uncertain times